Join the team!
Training at Cedars-Sinai | Facts & Figures
The lab is always looking for motivated and enthusiastic individuals interested in motor systems neuroscience and neural engineering. There are several ways to join our team.
- Postdoctoral fellows: Ideal candidates would hold a PhD in Biomedical Engineering/ Neuroscience or a related discipline. Candidates will likely use a combination of systems neuroscience & neural engineering methods, together with optogenetics/ other causal manipulation of networks (intact/ injured) subserving motor behavior. Possibilities exist to be involved in clinical research and currently we are also seeking candidates with experience in human EEG analysis. Proficiency in one or more of the following domains is highly preferred: Matlab/ Python Programming, Animal Training, Neurophysiology. Candidates are also expected to have at least one first-author paper in a peer-reviewed journal from their prior training. Interested candidates should email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with their CV, and contact information for 2-3 references.
- Graduate Students are accepted through Cedars-Sinai's PhD Program in Biomedical Sciences. Contact Tanuj if you are interested in a rotation in the lab. The goal of rotation would be to identify what research direction excites you the most and a question that you can pursue passionately, if you find the lab a right fit for you. In general, graduate students are expected to be driven and curious about research directions being pursued in the lab. Graduate students will also participate in mentoring undergraduate interns, work with the research team and learn from postdocs and the PI.
- Research Interns are on-boarded through Cedars-Sinai's Research Internship Program. Undergraduates/ medical students can do an Internship for academic credit/ paid internship (check with Tanuj if a paid internship is available). In the past, we have hosted Research Interns from UCLA Bioengineering, Neuroscience and Biomedical Systems undergraduate programs and medical students from Western University of Health Sciences. Research Interns will typically work on a project under the supervision of the postdoc/ graduate student.
- Research Associates: We currently do not have an opening for RA.
- Medical Residents/ Fellows: Please contact Tanuj if you are clinical trainee at Cedars-Sinai interested in doing research.